Grades 3 – 5 Book List
Grades 6 – 8 Book List
- All students participating must be in grades 3-5 or 6-8 for the current school year.
- Each team must have a sponsor from their school who is a school library media specialist, library paraprofessional or other school staff member. ( That would be our very own Mrs. Lay )
- The composition of the team members may not change once the regional battles have started.
- The regional competition do not require participation in a district/county/ESD competition. The state battles require participation in the regional competitions.
- Each school may send only one team to the regional competition (grant recipients must attend the regional competitions) and each region may send their top two teams to the state competition.
- Teams are usually made up of four members with one optional alternate, for a total of five members.
- There may be only one alternate. This alternate may take the place of a player for a battle. When the alternate is used, the alternate must remain in competition for the entire battle. No other substitutions may be made.
- No other person may assist in answering any question directed to a team, including the team’s coach. The judge will disqualify a team determined to be receiving outside help.
- In the event of a situation that is not specifically addressed in the OBOB rules, the decision of the judges is final.
- The OBOB Committee has the authority to refuse to allow a team to participate in the event of un-sportsmanlike behavior or other extenuating circumstances.